The Surfix® S portable coating thickness gauge with its exchangeable probes is designed for fast, practical and precise Coating Thickness Measurement measurement. It can be used for all types of varnish, paint and electroplated coatings on iron and steel as well as varnish, paint and anodising coatings on non-ferrous metals and on austenitic stainless steels.
The Surfix® S is suitable both for the laboratory and for use in harsh field conditions.
A wide range of exchangeable probes provides many options for universal as well as special measurement tasks. It includes one of the world’s smallest measuring sensors which guarantees reliable measurements even on difficult geometries.
The built-in IP52 safeguards guarantee protection against dust and dripping water. Never has gage operation been so clear and so straightforward!
The coating thickness gauge Surfix® S display uses the menu features of a mobile phone to provide simple, user-friendly operating instructions. A choice of languages - normally English, French, German (other languages optional) - guarantees operator confidence and cuts out errors caused by language misunderstandings.
The innovative probe construction ensures non-destructive measurement of the most highly polished surfaces and soft coatings. Sensor contact pressure is uniform and kept to a minimum, so surfaces remain free from scratches and indentations.
With the coating thickness gauge Surfix® S, data processing is just as easy as Coating Thickness Measurement measurement. No cables required - data can be transferred to a notebook or other equipment via an infrared interface. There is no need for an unmanageable collection of leads and no time wasted in attaching cables.
:: Surfix® S buy now :: price information
How can you benefit from the coating thickness gauge Surfix® S?
Wherever coatings are applied - whether on visual and aesthetic grounds, to prevent corrosion or for functional and mechanical purposes - Coating Thickness Measurement represents one of the essential criteria of quality assessment.
The Surfix® S is ideal for speedy, non-destructive and exceptionally precise Coating Thickness Measurement measurement:
- in paintshops and for electroplaters
- for wet and powder coating operations
- in the automobile/automobile parts industry
- for incoming material inspection, during production and for final inspection procedures
- in development engineering and expert assessment
- in laboratory and field operations.
Compact and innovative in its design, the Surfix® S features a clear overview of the operating menu with an easy-to-read display.
Simply place the probe on a coated metal object for immediate non-destructive digital thickness measurement, unit-selectable in µm or mils.
The coating thickness gauge Surfix® S is recommended for measurement of:
- all non-magnetic coatings such as varnish, paint, enamel, chrome, copper, zinc etc, on steel and iron (magnetic-induction principle)
- all electrically insulating coatings, such as lacquer, paint and anodising coatings on non-ferrous metals and stainless steel (eddy current principle)
Innovative instrument technology
- The Surfix® S is a compact, lightweight Coating Thickness Measurement gage for operators who require both innovative and user-friendly measuring techniques.
- Menu in a choice of different languages ensures ease of operation.
- The Surfix® ensures non-destructive Coating Thickness Measurement measurement on steel and non-ferrous metals.
- Different exchangeable probes are available for different tasks, measurement ranges and substrates
- Automatic identification of the probe type used
- The Surfix® S automatically identifies the substrate and activates the appropriate measuring procedure.
- No cables required; data in the memory can be transferred via an infrared interface for further processing.
- The uniform contact pressure of the sensor is kept to a minimum, preventing scratches and indentations to sensitive surfaces.
- Measuring range up to 0 - 10 mm / 4 inch
- Up to 10000 readings can be statistically evaluated: number of readings, mean value, standard deviation, minimum and maximum reading.
Statistical evaluation with Surfix® S
The new ONLINE STATISTICS feature simultaneously displays the current reading and the updated statistics in a choice of formats: either
n (number of readings)
Mean (mean value)
s (standard deviation)
n (number of readings)
Max (highest reading)
Min (lowest reading)
The statistical values and up to 200 readings are stored and can be displayed as required.
The built-in infrared interface (IrDA standard) enables data to be downloaded to the optional printer Printfix. No more unmanageable cables and no time wasted in attaching connecting leads!
An optional infrared adapter also permits data transfer to a standard computer (USB or RS232) for further processing.
Can be supplied ex stock.
Prices buy now
Some tips for data transfer with Surfix® S
fileadmin/pdf/surfix_s_d.pdfDownload info-brochure Surfix® S in Englisch
Download info-brochure Surfix® S in German
More Surfix® coating thickness gauges:
Coating thickness gauge Surfix® Pro S, coating thickness gauge Surfix®, coating thickness gauge Pocket-Surfix®, coating thickness gauge Surfix® easy